I have been using Vidahost Cloud Hosting for around 6 months now and I thought I would write up a review of their service.
This Blog is hosted on the Vidahost Cloud Hosting Platform and it currently costs £11.99 per month including VAT for those of you who are in the UK, otherwise the price without VAT is £9.99.
Customer Service and Support
I have contacted Vidahost support on several occasions. Each time my support ticket has been handled quickly and my issues have been resolved. There have been a couple of occasions where the performance of my blog was poor, however this was resolved very quickly. Something was going on with the Database servers causing the issue.
Response times are very good and I was also advised on the use of some plugins to help speed my blog up which I thought was good.
What’s included with Vidahost Cloud Hosting
- You can host up to 25 Websites. You can host more for an additional fee.
- You have a choice of Linux or Windows hosting, or both.
- 200GB data transfer. Again if that is not enough, you can increase this for an extra fee.
- 20GB Disk Space. This can also be increased for an extra fee.
- Traffic is load balanced.
- Frequent Data backups take place. (I always backup to an alternate location just in case though).
- E-Mail Hosting including access to web mail, or via your e-mail client.
- You can easily add more hosting capacity if required. For example you can add more bandwidth, disk space or hosting for more websites. This can be done instantly.
Vidahost use their own control panel on the Cloud Hosting Platform. It works well and it is easy to use. It doesn’t present as many options as CPanel for example but what is there is more than enough to administer a blog or website.
You get access to statistics which provide an overview of visits to your site or blog and these are easily accessible through the control panel. There are also other features such as PHPMyAdmin, e-mail management features and database tools.
No problems with access to the site which you would expect with Cloud Hosting. As mentioned above, there has been a couple of instances where performance was below what I would expect, but these issues were resolved quickly and the site was still accessible albeit slowly.
Vidahost Discount Codes
You can save 10 percent off your first web hosting order by entering DAB10 into the Promotional Code box.
You can save 20 percent off an SSL Certificate using the code DABSSL.
You can save 15 percent off a Premium VDS using the code DABVDS
In the interest of being honest, I do get a commission fee if you do choose to use that code or click on the link. It helps pay for the running of this blog.
Alternatively you can click here to get to their site and enter the above codes.
Concluding my Vidahost Cloud Hosting Review
I am more than happy with the service Vidahost offer. The service is reliable and runs my blog very well. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Vidahost Cloud Hosting to anyone who would like to host a website or blog.